September 16 – 22, 2018
Set in one of the most breathtaking resorts in the country, Enchantment Resort was rated #1 Spa in the Southwest this year http://www.enchantmentresort.com/
Set on 70 acres of panoramic natural terrain, the resort stands at the doorway of secluded Boynton Canyon… surrounded by red rock formations known for inspiring the mind, body and spirit.
- 7 days and 6 nights of magic, relaxation, and restoration
- 5 star Enchantment Resort
- Private Chef
- Daily asana, mediation, and cardio workouts
- Full access to spa, private pools, saunas, steam rooms, and more
- Options for hiking, golf, body treatments
- Option to learn a 60 minute professional, therapeutic massage
Tentative daily schedule:
7:00am Meditation and Asana Practice
9:00am – 12:00pm Optional Massage Training
12:30pm – 4:00pm Free Time
4:00-6:00pm Optional Massage Training
**$3100 double occupancy
**$4500 Single occupancy
$500 deposit required to hold your spot.
Tuition includes professional training, certification, accommodations, and all meals. Tuition does not include airfare or ground transport.**
**For more details on location, accommodations, or to register contact Jaina Portwood 612-845-8175 or email@example.com**
You will also have the opportunity to study massage therapy while retreating for the week.
This CEU course will provide you with foundational training to take the national exam. Information on the national exam can be found at http://www.ncmtmb.com. Most full-time year-long programs are 900 hours. You will be learning an abbreviated version of that course work, which will satisfy continuing education credits, and prepare you fully to give an educated, therapeutic, full-body, 60 minute massage.
Massage Training Certification Retreat Sedona Focus:
- Swedish Massage
- Deep Tissue Sport Massage
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Spa Treatments
Learn basic techniques to deliver a 60 minute professional Swedish Massage. The course is designed for bodywork professionals looking to add to their massage repertoire. We will study technique, theory, modifications, contraindications, hands on practicum, and both Western and Eastern anatomy & physiology. There is also a portion on energy work, and Thai stretches. Swedish Massage is a full body treatment performed on a massage table. It involves relaxation techniques such as effleurage and petrissage as well as more technical trigger-point muscle manipulation. 100 contact hours are on site with Jaina during the designated hours. The remaining 100 hours are home study and massage practice, and can be completed in any time frame.
- Study of basic western anatomy and physiology, including structural nomenclature, basic kinesiology, bones, major muscle groups, major synovial joints, 4 tissue types, and how body systems relate to each other. We will study why massage works for improving the health of the body as a whole.
- Physiological, mental, and emotional philosophy and purpose around receiving Swedish Massage
- Eastern anatomy and physiology and energetics
- Client intake, SOAP notes, and profesional documentation of treatments
- Physiological, mental, and emotional philosophy and purpose around receiving massage
- Contraindications and common pathologies
- Pre and post natal considerations
- Learn healthy self care and body mechanics
- Professional draping techniques and room etiquette
- Essentials for setting up your therapy space
- Develop one’s intuition and innate healing powers with working on a client
- Discuss ethical considerations, transference and countertransference
- Incorporating heat into your therapy
- Incorporating Thai Massage Stretches on table and floor
- Use of Essential Oils
Jaina Portwood has been practicing massage therapy since 1998, and has worked in many different settings, clinical, spa, and private practice. She brings a wealth of experience to this training and is thrilled to study with you! We will keep the group small, to assure you get really attentive and professional training.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
For double occupancy, will you be able/willing to assign rooms if I am not signing up with a friend?
Yes, if you don’t have a friend to share a room with I will be assigning roommates for any double occupancies (by gender).
Is the sample schedule just an example or is it the exact same schedule each day?
The sample schedule is indeed just an example, but it’s pretty close to timing. We will enjoy daily hiking and meditation. With all of our retreats the training portion (lecture and discussion) is optional, but I’ve found that everyone ends up wanting to fully participate! We will also have a special ceremony & dinner the last night.
Is there any kind of pre-retreat meeting or will we meet everyone once we arrive?Although most of the participants are from Minnesota, some are from around the USA so there will not be an opportunity for everyone to meet prior to our trip. We will, however have a Facebook group where students can share packing lists, questions, etc.
What if I want to go on the retreat, and enjoy the morning yoga & meditation classes, but not necessarily get certification or attend the lectures / training?
That’s just fine! The week will be extraordinary, and there is no pressure. Participate in activities as little or as much as you like.