February 8-15th 2020 Yoga Retreat in Maldives
I am thrilled to unveil our Maldives February 2020 Retreat details! We will be staying in the lovely and magnificent Furaveri Island Resort and Spa. It will be an experience of a lifetime. Unsurpassed beauty. Elegance. Paradise. Crystal clear water like no place else on earth.
The retreat will have a focus on yoga and meditation in the mornings before breakfast, with abundant relaxations and free time in the afternoons. This trip is welcome to people new to yoga, as the classes will be very gentle stretching and restorative, yin & hatha styles.
Apparently these islands have the potential to DISAPPEAR in the next 30 years due to global ocean warming. NOW is the time to visit one of the most breathtaking tropical paradises on the planet… before it’s gone.
Our days look like this:
Sunrise yoga and meditation session
Tropical breakfast bar
Yoga study session (1-2hrs)
Free time afternoon: often we go places as a group (shopping, beaches, yacht ride to neighboring islands, snorkeling, surfing, private pool lounging, gelato etc.
Evening Yoga Session
Sweet serenity slumber under a trillion sparkling stars
Your trip to Maldives with Pure Lux Yoga includes:
• 7 starry nights February 8 – 15th, 2020
• Daily Yoga & Meditation practice
• Domestic airport seaplane transfers
• Beautiful beach view private room-1345 sq’. Balcony/Terrace.
• Private whirlpool bathtub. Outdoor shower.
• Soft white sand private beach
• Abundant sea life and reefs.
• Massage options. Luxurious spa.
• King sized bed . Vaulted ceiling. Wooden floors
• Access to swimming pools, badminton, canoeing, water sport rentals and wind surfing
• Optional excursions including diving, snorkeling, sailing, massage, parasailing and more
* We also have the option to stay in the over water bungalows. There are various villas on the resort (which takes up the entire small island) to choose from beach front, beach front with pool, overwater bungalows etc. The pricing is all about the same give or take so I’ve detailed the “beach front villas” for your reference. Please send me an email for a gallery of pictures of accommodations. All of the sleeping options are luxurious and fantastic!
Single Occupancy (private villa / bedroom, lounge and bathroom)
Double Occupancy (shared king sized bed, shared villa with one person)
Deposit to hold your spot $1000
Final Payment Due November 1, 2019
What’s the week’s yoga study focus?
Our retreat in Maldives will primarily focus on Meditation and Yoga practice. We will have two daily sessions learning meditation techniques. All study sessions are optional.
Includes breakfast and dinner, accommodation, and yoga training certification. Airfare not included. Check-in is on Saturday 3:00pm, check-out is Saturday 11:00am.
How do I get to Maldives?
You’ll fly from the USA into the Maldives international airport. From there you’ll meet your onward transportation to our resort and villas, which will either be a speed boat or a sea plane.
How do I register?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for details on registration and booking options.
For double occupancy, will you be able/willing to assign rooms if I am not signing up with a friend?
Yes, if you don’t have a friend to share a room with I will be assigning roommates for any double occupancies (by gender).
Is the sample schedule just an example or is it the exact same schedule each day?
The sample schedule is indeed just an example, but it’s pretty close to timing. We will enjoy three group excursions throughout the week, including a camel ride into the desert. With all of our retreats the training portion (lecture and discussion) is optional, but I’ve found that everyone ends up wanting to fully participate! We will also have a special ceremony & dinner the last night.
Is there any kind of pre-retreat meeting or will we meet everyone once we arrive?Although most of the participants are from Minnesota, some are from around the USA so there will not be an opportunity for everyone to meet prior to our trip. We will, however have a Facebook group where students can share packing lists, questions, etc.
What if I want to go on the retreat, and enjoy the morning yoga & meditation classes, but not necessarily get certification or attend the lectures / training?
That’s just fine! The week will be extraordinary, and there is no pressure to sit in on lectures. Participate in activities as little or as much as you like.